Drive Faster World Wide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALMS GT2/3/4 Superstock Sprint Series?

2 posters

Go down

ALMS GT2/3/4  Superstock Sprint Series? Empty ALMS GT2/3/4 Superstock Sprint Series?

Post  MotoYeti Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 pm

Just throwing this out there, how about a 6 round American LeMans Series GT2/3/4/Superstock race series for the club? All races to last a maximum of 30 minutes and have a 15 minute qualifying session, followed by a VM style grid start?? The main thing will be when to run it, I think we should run it at 0100GMT/2000EST/1700PST to make it more than suitable for our North American members.?

Tracks would be Road America, LeMans, Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, Infineon Raceway and Sebring and cars would be a mix of non-prototype racing cars and modified road cars, all with power, weight and PI restrictions in place to level the field a bit. Only clip the assists back to no TCS and manual gearbox, aside from that it could be fairly open, mixed racing?!

Dunno, what do you think; it'll need lots of planning to get it right, but it could be a giggle. clown
MotoYeti
MotoYeti

http://www.impossibleimports.com

Back to top Go down

ALMS GT2/3/4  Superstock Sprint Series? Empty Re: ALMS GT2/3/4 Superstock Sprint Series?

Post  Sir John Raptor Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:31 am

if this series runs at a time im not working i would run it. ive always liked the idea of multiple classes running same time same track. great idea and i'd be happy to build and try running this series.
Sir John Raptor
Sir John Raptor

Back to top Go down

ALMS GT2/3/4  Superstock Sprint Series? Empty Re: ALMS GT2/3/4 Superstock Sprint Series?

Post  MotoYeti Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:38 am

Sir John Raptor wrote:if this series runs at a time im not working i would run it. ive always liked the idea of multiple classes running same time same track. great idea and i'd be happy to build and try running this series.

Cool, well let's get the opinions of a few others and have a good think about how and when to run it. I've already started to put together a list of cars, but will need to take advice on the best way to get a level playing field for everyone in their respective classes... could be a great series and one to really put the club on the map! sunny
MotoYeti
MotoYeti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir John Raptor Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:44 pm

just talking out loud here. so in lemans style racing there is four classes? so perhaps the lobby should be split four racers for each class. but to split the field eight racers of two close classes per lobby. so the two fastest groups and the two slower groups? and every one qualifies in a lobby in respect to their group of class? im assuming that would work out. maybe a bit technical but the best races are sure not easy.
Sir John Raptor
Sir John Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  MotoYeti Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Sir John Raptor wrote:just talking out loud here. so in lemans style racing there is four classes? so perhaps the lobby should be split four racers for each class. but to split the field eight racers of two close classes per lobby. so the two fastest groups and the two slower groups? and every one qualifies in a lobby in respect to their group of class? im assuming that would work out. maybe a bit technical but the best races are sure not easy.
Sounds good to me, I'd like to try and do something that allows bags of tuning in all classes and stays true to the spirit of GT racing. I'll post up a summary of the class rules for the real world cars along with a list of eligible cars that can race. It will take some time to do but will be worth it I think.. the main thing to remember is to keep it simple! cyclops
MotoYeti
MotoYeti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir John Raptor Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:10 pm

so i was thinking how do you get a fair share of drivers in each class? would they be able to pick what class to drive in? i figure the best way to make sure there is a an even number of drivers in each class would be to have pick a driver from a lottery for each type of class. so for gt2 first driver you pick a random one (say out of a hat), then move next to gt3 and same process. but that might make drivers agree. so other idea is limited selection in each class, first come first serve, then closs that class until the rest equal out. then add more slots?
Sir John Raptor
Sir John Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  MotoYeti Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:16 pm

Sir John Raptor wrote:so i was thinking how do you get a fair share of drivers in each class? would they be able to pick what class to drive in? i figure the best way to make sure there is a an even number of drivers in each class would be to have pick a driver from a lottery for each type of class. so for gt2 first driver you pick a random one (say out of a hat), then move next to gt3 and same process. but that might make drivers agree. so other idea is limited selection in each class, first come first serve, then closs that class until the rest equal out. then add more slots?
VM are about to announce ALMS Series 1, I might have a look and see what they are thinking of doing before we take this project further. I'm trying to put together a couple of teams for the TORA Endurance Champs, a mix of 12 hour and 24 hour races with driver changes. Haven't heard from anyone yet? Crying or Very sad
MotoYeti
MotoYeti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down