Drive Faster World Wide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DFWW TRANS AM

+11
Lightning071
bobwithajob
F4H Diablo
F4H Gashi X
o0I BK I0o
F4H FACEPALMER
Brute
azone
MotoYeti
Sir John Raptor
baby hueys59
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DFWW TRANS AM Empty DFWW TRANS AM

Post  baby hueys59 Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:14 am

Trans Am
Max PI: A575 or less
Max Power: 450/335kw or less
Min Weight: 2,500/1280Kg or more
Engine and Power are Open to your build
Platform and Handling must used
Race Brakes
Race spring & Dampers
Race front anti-roll bars
Race rear anti-roll bars
Race chassis reinforcement and roll cage
Weight reduction is open
Drive train all of them are race
Tires &Rims
Race tire compound
Front tire & rear tire width open to your build
Rim size Min 15”
American Racing, Cragar, ATS Classic Rim
Aero and Appearance
Forza race front bumper
Forza race rear wing
Stock rear bumper
Stock hood
Conversion Not Allowed

CARS
1. 1970 Challenger R/T
2. 1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
3. 1968 Plymouth Barracuda
4. 1971 Plymouth Cuda 426 Hemi
5. 1965 Mustang GT Coupe
6. 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429
7. 1968 Shelby Gt-500 KP
8. 1969 Shelby Gt 500
9. 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
10. 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
11. 1969 Chevy Carmaro SS Coupe
12. 1970 Chevy Carmaro Z/28
13. 1969 Chevy Carmaro Z/28
14. 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans AM SD-455
15. 1968 Pontiac Firebird
16. 1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans AM
17. 1965 Pontiac GTO
18. 1971 AMC Javelin-MAX

TRACKS FOR TRANS AM
Race 1 June 22 Laps 22 Indianapolis Motor Speedway Grand Prix Circuit
Race 2 June 29 Laps 25 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Full Circuit
Race 3 July 6 Laps 22 Road Atlanta Full Circuit
Race 4 July 13 Laps 20 Sunset Peninsula Raceway Full Circuit
Race 5 July 20 Laps 14 Road America Full Circuit
Race 6 July27 Laps 15 Sebring International Raceway Full Circuit
Race 7 August 3 Laps 22 Infineon Raceway Long Course
Race 8 August 10 Laps 14 Sedona Raceway Park Full Circuit

Last edited by baby hueys59 on Tue May 28, 2013 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total
baby hueys59
baby hueys59

Back to top Go down

DFWW TRANS AM Empty Re: DFWW TRANS AM

Post  Sir John Raptor Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:25 pm

been in the planning for a long time now. now finally see it out. time to get working on my v8's.
Sir John Raptor
Sir John Raptor

Back to top Go down

DFWW TRANS AM Empty Time to go Stateside!!

Post  MotoYeti Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:33 pm

Coolio, might note be able to do all of the races, but I'll build a car or two and join in when I can!! Very Happy
MotoYeti
MotoYeti

http://www.impossibleimports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  azone Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:36 am

Heard a lot about this series. Looks like fun and I'm glad it's going to happen.

Edit: Just tuned my car as well. Going to be a fun series driving a boat.
azone
azone

Back to top Go down

Post  Brute Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:27 am

I can't wait for this series to start I've got a few cars tuned and waiting

Brute

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H FACEPALMER Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:41 am

I am very interested in this, would love a reason to race the 73 bird again. What night would this be on?

F4H FACEPALMER

Back to top Go down

Post  baby hueys59 Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:05 pm

not sure
baby hueys59
baby hueys59

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H FACEPALMER Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:49 pm

The build for the series I used to run is very close to fitting into this one, which is cool because I'm lazy.

DFWW TRANS AM 8003579734_5982ec5ddf_z

F4H FACEPALMER

Back to top Go down

Post  o0I BK I0o Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:17 pm

although my choice may change before this series starts, currently the Cuda is built, tuned and ready to roll!

If you need a host for this, count me in. More than happy to help out Smile
o0I BK I0o
o0I BK I0o

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Gashi X Wed May 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Dates and times for the races? Same time on Fridays?

F4H Gashi X

Back to top Go down

Post  baby hueys59 Wed May 01, 2013 4:49 pm

it will be after classics 5 same time on Saturday
baby hueys59
baby hueys59

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H Diablo Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:45 am

err... there's a few cars that cannot make the PI without exceeding the HP limit, like the Camaro SS and the Plymouth GTX. Haven't seen this issue with any other cars yet.

F4H Diablo

Back to top Go down

Post  bobwithajob Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:08 pm

65 Mustang, AMC Javelin
both unable to reach the hp limit

bobwithajob

Back to top Go down

Post  baby hueys59 Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:22 am

yes some cars do not meet the hp limit or pi limit
baby hueys59
baby hueys59

Back to top Go down

Post  Lightning071 Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:26 am

tested at Indy with my '71 'Cuda. Already beat my a600 Daytona's time with it. I'm in the 1:33's.
Lightning071
Lightning071

Back to top Go down

DFWW TRANS AM Empty Testing

Post  wsketango Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:42 pm

Only did 1 test run. Everyone was faster, but really never exactly ran off and left me. It will be a good race.

wsketango

Back to top Go down

Post  ATP Jeep Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:35 am

Are there team sign ups for this or will you guys note at after qualifying?

ATP Jeep

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelwash Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:13 pm

DFWW TRANS AM Logo-DFWWEuropevUSA_zps3b2723e3

Across The Pond Racing makes its full team debut in the DFWW Trans Am Championship on Saturday evenings over the next eight weeks, and with four drivers signed up and ready to go and like we need an excuse to have an inter team battle commencing, we have the Mosconi Cup of Forza Motorsports as Europe and USA clash over the eight round series. 

Now i will clear up a point immediately here, ATP Wheelwash isnt techincally American, but as far as qualifying goes for this series he puts up a good case, firstly he enjoys Nascar, and Europeans simply dont understand racing round and round in circles, he understands the rules of Baseball and follows the Baltimore Orioles watching approx 100 games a season ( i think this is a case of needing clinical help more than anything) and has a slightly unhealthy love of Taco Bell, Classic Muscle cars and Wild Cherry Pepsi (in the cans and not the rubbish Pepsi Max version just released in Europe in 2litre bottles only).

DFWW TRANS AM 9068374189_5356a1be14_z

So who's the runners and riders, well we shall kick things off in Europe with Germany and Scotland being represented as ATP Flying Ace and ATP Ginge step up to the mark. Both veterans of the Saturday Night racing scene, having just competed in the VM Classics Season Five and a success it was too, with ATP Flying Ace taking the Rookies Title in the Jim Beam Maserati and ATP Ginge taking the all important title of inter team Champion and the personal kudos attached, not bad considering he didnt choose the car and it was his first foray into American Muscle instead of the Japanese computer power he is usually banging on about.

We have the Ford v General Motors battle between them here as well, with ATP Ginge going with the Chevrolet Camaro Z28 and ATP Flying Ace plumping for a Shelby. These will be dressed in a special yellow and black paint, created by ATP Jeep which contains more lead than your average fuel tank from 1967, yes its paint that actually weighs a tonne when dry, we are just hoping that they dont notice and think that the wheels angle is due to camber.

DFWW TRANS AM 9068377649_6c7c608cfc_z

DFWW TRANS AM 9068375897_3deb1acb79_z

On Team USA, we have ATP Jeep and ATP Wheelwash, who themselves have gone for the Ford v General Motors duel as well, but in a slightly different way with the Mercury Cougar and '68 Pontiac Firebird. These will be dressed in red and white thanks to a rather marvelous design by ATP Jeep, the colours were decided so that Team Europe can see them from a distance through there windscreens while there trying to catch up during the races. 

ATP Jeep is a man that like a Chevrolet, so its good to see him finally stepping into the classier side of General Motors in the Pontiac Firebird (oh the bloke writing this is a huge Pontiac fan so yes, very biased!!). The Pride Of Kansas will be making up the American side of the partnership here, which leaves the Classic bit i guess and ATP Wheelwash will fit that bill nicely, because he is old and like the vast majority of cars on show in this series, rare to find these days and breaks down every couple of miles and costs a fortune to run. 

The man famed for selecting cars by encouraging his 5 year old son to play roulette and other irresponsible gambling games has gone for the Mercury Cougar this time around. The selection process was as in depth as usual, i never raced a Mercury, i take that one. Of course ATP Ginge has recently raced the Mercury Cougar in Season Five of the VM Classics, i will point out though, no tune has been received in helping out his rival for this series and in true Scottish friendliness, i slashed his tyres and poured Buckfast into the petrol tank as a thank you!!

DFWW TRANS AM 9076911397_f7b7fae8cc_z

Round One is at Indianapolis Grand Prix Circuit this Saturday at 20:00 UK Time, 22 laps ahead of the challengers and bragging rights for the week on the line in the Across The Pond team garage.

Let the battle begin!!

Wheelwash
Wheelwash

Back to top Go down

Post  baby hueys59 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:28 pm

That's cool wheelwash Thank you from all of us here at DFWW
baby hueys59
baby hueys59

Back to top Go down

Post  TransmittngRage Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:03 am

Wheelwash, you are the absolute best!

TransmittngRage

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelwash Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:59 am

No worries guys, its something i always enjoy doing for the series im involved in and the pictures were sorted by ATP Flying Solo, so cant take the credit on that bit. I will be publicising the events on my Wheelwash Racing Media Facebook page, so if you have the power and are looking for a plug on your timelines, its all there in the events section which is updated each week, as well as the twitter, Wheelwash Media Forum and VM forum for the round i run in, which im hoping is all of them, depending on body working for the entire time (never a gimme unfortunately).

DFWW TRANS AM 9090767681_93701bc96a_z

Also for the Mods, please feel free to steal anything from your forum that i write to help publicise the event, lets hope for a good turn out and some fun in some fantastic pieces of machinery. Heres the link to the opening round event on https://www.facebook.com/events/490474454356824/ Facebook
Wheelwash
Wheelwash

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelwash Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:23 pm

DFWW TRANS AM 9142423056_80875c9dde_z

The opening round of the DFWW Trans Am Championship kicked off on Saturday with Indianapolis Grand Prix Circuit playing host to a full lobby of sixteen drivers, now usually i would have lots of lovely pictures from the event and to be perfectly honest, i wish i did as it was a mighty good time, unfortunately though, no paints, for anyone and i did ask and got the same answer everytime unfortunately. So a slightly brief report in to the opening round and the pictures, well i dont want to come across too self centred, but im in alot of them!! I didnt get much chance to practice with my team mates this week so yeah ' Its All About Me!!'

Sixteen drivers then, a fantastic turn out, with the ATP and BAR well represented, as well as AOT with WskeTango,  F4H guys with F4H Facepalmer bringing out his beloved '73 Trans Am again, Team Gizmo had TG Bobwithajob and the Madnotmad guys had Schuey75, as well as a large turn out from the home team as the DFWW team were enjoying the fruits of there labour. Now usually at this point, i would chuck a photo or two up of some lovely paints for those that have made the effort, unfortunately, since they didnt load, heres a picture of me instead and just to let you all know, i made zero effort on the paint because that lovely man ATP Jeep had the honour for the series and did a mighty fine job.

DFWW TRANS AM 9142423170_d04dd3a66a_z

Qualifying saw something a bit strange, a laptime in the 1:31's, and what was even more strange, i did it!! Yes, the Mercury Cougar which was struggling for top speed compared with the majority of the field on the long straight, produced a lap from the gods in qualifying, hitting a 1:31:983, which was half a second quicker than anything that i produced in practice. I will admit, i did nail it, but it secured myself my first ever pole position in online racing, so one that i shall never forget either. Second was Wingnut x820x in the '65 Pontiac GTO, with the Across The Pond guys of ATP Ginge and ATP Jeep securing row two, TG Bobwithajob rounding out the top five.

The race itself, well due to the unique way in which Forza Motorsports 5 glitches at Indianapolis GP, it meant the pole sitter had an extra penalty with the five second extra pit stop for the Pole Sitter, it didnt help that the Mercury Cougar was also not the quickest out of the blocks as i was swamped at the start. Thankfully though, a couple of good corners saw just Wingnut taking advantage and an early lead, TG Bobwithajob cut his way through the field also, helped by ATP Ginge forgeting to change batteries before the start, obviously getting practice in for the British GP this weekend by performing a sub five second battery pit stop.

Further back was all a pretty decent battle, unfortunately WskeTango picked up damage by using F4H Facepalmer's Trans Am as a brake, which also ruined the Fight 4 Her man's race also. Wingnut x820x made a small mistake at the start of Lap three, opening up the lead to myself and away i went, looking at building a cushion for the pit stop glitch, setting a fastest lap of 1:32:167 on the way. TG Bobwithajob was the man to watch, he had the Mercury beat in a straight line hands down, but through the twisty bits, could live with the more nimble Mercury, on leaving the pits, i retained the lead, unfortunately though, the Team Gizmo man was less than a hundred feet behind now with six laps left.

DFWW TRANS AM 9116853137_ec44e2bd2c_z

It made for a rather entertaining end, i started to defend, but TG Bobwithajob took advatage with the speed on the straight to take the lead, Wingnut x820x had the chance to join in as well and proceeded to do just that, it made for an excellent three way battle to the chequered flag, coming off the last bend, myself and TG Bobwithajob level, but the Mustang had the edge on the straight bit to win by three tenths, from myself ATP Wheelwash and Wingnut just a further second back in third.

So the series started on a high, replay is on my storefront if anyone would like to watch it, unfortunately no paints so no photos, but hopefully at Laguna Seca this Saturday and Round Two, we will change that.

If your interested in the series, pop along to the DFWW Forum where the full details on car choice, builds and liveries are, the perfect antidote to a lack of Classics on a Saturday evening. Dont forget to keep track of the upcoming round with the Wheelwash Racing & Media Facebook Page and look at the upcoming events for all the latest news and views from the man they call Moo. Also please feel free to interact with pictures and stories on your week of practice and preparation.

Wheelwash
Wheelwash

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelwash Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:17 pm

DFWW TRANS AM 9173917534_a45ed09f5e

The second round of the DFWW Trans Am Championship on Saturday as Laguna SEca played host to the Classic rumble of the V8's. Twenty laps laying in wait for the challengers and the good news this week, We Have Paints!!  

DFWW TRANS AM 9171695675_55b6755bd9

I have to say as well, the paint selection in Lobby One was fantastic, every paint was just perfect for the series, you may notice that WskeTango may appear alot over the coming weeks, the paint is as close to perfection for the car as you can get, basically im jealous and the shot above will be the Event header for Round Three on facebook through the week, you can find it by clicking HERE!!

The hours of practice this week, well unfortunately for myself, those hours were over last weekend, so jumping back in the car at 19:20 UK Time was the first opportunity in a few days, thankfully the noise of that beautiful V8 the Mercury has brought an instant smile to the face, which was quickly wiped off the face when the realiam of Laguna Seca hit home. This is a very weak circuit for myself, and this was going to be a tough week, especially with the speed of my team mate ATP Jeep had in the '68 Pontiac Firebird. The Cougar though had some benefits at this place, and after the talk of someone in the 1:33's pre qualifying, the challenge was set, could i find that couple of tenths on the personal best so far and break into the 33's.

DFWW TRANS AM 9171695319_1339191940_z

The qualifying session started slowly for myself, but the advantage of the twenty minute sessions are plenty of time to keep chipping away at the times and still having a good few laps right at the end to go for glory. On the 13th and final lap of the session, i broke the magic barrier and landed with a 1:33:962, i even had a wee celebration in achieving the goal, of which i shall again apologise to those that hadnt finished there final lap, i got a bit carried away in the moment.

Amazingly, in the other qualifying lobby, Wingnut x820x had also dipped into the 33's just, and with a time of 1:33:953, took pole position by the staggering difference of 0.009 seconds in the '65 Pontiac GTO, with ATP Jeep just a tenth back with a 1:34:058, it was lining up to be a battle at the front. With fifteen drivers this week, unfortunately the lobbies for the race got split up, fully understand the reasoning why and well, hopefully Turn 10 will be learning the lesson come Forza 5 in that department.

DFWW TRANS AM 9173918046_cc59da3d77_z

DFWW TRANS AM 9173917570_127564512a_z

The lucky eight in Lobby One then, our delightful host for the evening was Brute Terror in the Classic Javelin paint we all know and love, British American Racing had Wingnut x820 on pole , as already mentioned, and there leader BAR Nelly 75, who spent the entire race in a battle with our Lobby Host, showing every position counts in this series. The Across The Pond guys had ATP Flying Solo, who was actually flying solo as his team mate for this series was trying to cure for insomnia at Silverstone watching the F1's, with Team USA of ATP Jeep and myself. We also had a pair of rather nice independent Mustang's with The Boss from WskeTango and the Mach 1 from TG Bobwithajob.

The race was a typical Laguna Seca type event, ATP Jeep made full use of the inside line and the acceleration advantage over myself in the Cougar, and grabbed second spot by the end of the Andretti Hairpin, and the chase was on to catch Wingnut x820x, who simply had the Pontiac GTO in superb form, pulling out a slender lead which never looked like being taken away, with a faultless display up front. The quick time i ran in qualifying showed in the race itself, as the two cars out front were putting a hundred feet on me every lap, and TG Bobwithajob was catching before lagging out on Lap 13 of the event. WskeTango and ATP Flying Solo chasing hard behind, but not having the pace in there big Mustang Muscle at Laguna Seca.

DFWW TRANS AM 9173917844_bb9c91aa4d_z

At the end of the 25 laps, Wingnut x820x took the solid win, ATP Jeep did try, even running a lap of 1:33:666 along the way, which was in a different league to the rest, but not able to keep every lap, myself was third, but a good two thousand feet back of the winner. Next week sees the Trans Am Championship hitting Braselton's finest as Road Atlanta plays host. Wingnut x820x has the slender lead in the Championship, but he does have an ATP Team USA in close order with ATP Wheelwash and ATP Jeep not too far away, the lagout costing last weeks winner TG Bobwithajob this week.

Want more photos from the event, well, have a shuffle across to Wheelwash Racing & Media Facebook Page theres loads of pictures there and find out how the practice is going for myself during the week in the events page. The replay from Lobby One is on the ATP Wheelwash storefront for the next six days for you to enjoy

DFWW TRANS AM 9171695743_c1489c3508_z

Wheelwash
Wheelwash

Back to top Go down

Post  F4H FACEPALMER Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:15 am

DFWW TRANS AM 9227091508_02b5edca59_c

DFWW TRANS AM 9227091326_678aa6ffa6_c

DFWW TRANS AM 9224312383_5567bccc85_c

DFWW TRANS AM 9224312195_0dbc27cb50_c

DFWW TRANS AM 9224312017_344db4018d_c

DFWW TRANS AM 9224311879_43a1eb318a_c

DFWW TRANS AM 9224311721_e9dddea9a4_c

DFWW TRANS AM 9227090368_5f8d6c7940_c

DFWW TRANS AM 9227090224_c89745d8d9_c

F4H FACEPALMER

Back to top Go down

Post  ATP Jeep Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Nice shots ther Facepalmer. The one with you and ginge running side by side is my favorite. The light glare and the glowing brake rotors really set it apart!

ATP Jeep

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next