Drive Faster World Wide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XBox One Thoughts

3 posters

Go down

XBox One Thoughts Empty XBox One Thoughts

Post  o0I BK I0o Wed May 22, 2013 6:59 am

So, what do you guys think of the new XBox? For myself, I am quite impressed... if it all works as advertised. Even so, i still don't think i'll be buying one as soon as it comes out.... i'll probably wait a few months to see what kind of problems arrise and how Microsoft deals with them. I'm also probably going to need a new wheel, so i kind of want to wait and see what becomes available.

Here's some other interesting tidbits...

http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa
o0I BK I0o
o0I BK I0o

Back to top Go down

XBox One Thoughts Empty Re: XBox One Thoughts

Post  o0I BK I0o Wed May 22, 2013 10:18 am

o0I BK I0o
o0I BK I0o

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir John Raptor Wed May 22, 2013 1:56 pm

i'll probably get it once all my xbox friends switch over. and i have all the money i need for games and ect. should be fun once its out.
Sir John Raptor
Sir John Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  o0I BK I0o Wed May 22, 2013 3:51 pm

interesting...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-may-have-mandatory-game-installs?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

for myself, i tend to play games for a while and if it's a game that i want, i usually pre-order to get whatever bonus content they offer and buy new anyways so this won't really affect me.
o0I BK I0o
o0I BK I0o

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyroviking Thu May 23, 2013 1:41 am

I don't know. I've always had both PS and XBOX consoles. XBOX was a big step over PS2; PS3 had the hardware edge on X360, but I preferred the X360 exclusive games and controller over PS3. I have mostly just used my PS3 as a Blu-Ray player.

I may or may not get both this generation. I'm not interested in the all-in-one entertainment and Kinect features of the XONE. I, also, will probably not get either console at launch, but will wait and see how the reviews and games roll in before committing to either one, or both.
Pyroviking
Pyroviking

Back to top Go down

Post  o0I BK I0o Thu May 23, 2013 2:34 am

ya, i have both as well and, much like yourself, all my PS3 gets used for is a blue ray player and that's about it... i used to play a lot of BF3 on it, but not so much any more. In all honesty, i'm debating on selling it....

as far as getting both next gen consoles this time around goes.... i will most likely just stick with the xbox in all honesty. It has everything i need and unless Sony comes out with some really sweet PS4 exclusive titles, i don't see a reason to get one.
o0I BK I0o
o0I BK I0o

Back to top Go down

Post  o0I BK I0o Thu May 23, 2013 7:24 am

o0I BK I0o
o0I BK I0o

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir John Raptor Thu May 23, 2013 7:37 am

well this should prove interesting. i bet people will just open up their old xbox one once it needs replacing and just got the hard drive manually like a computers. that is what i would do anyways. and its not like my removable hard drive i always take out anyways.
Sir John Raptor
Sir John Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  o0I BK I0o Thu May 23, 2013 11:44 pm

i'm wondering what kind of hard drive it is... if it's like the new solid state ones they're putting in laptops these days, then it shouldn't be too much of a concern. those things last forever. but if it's your typical old school hard drive, then it may end up being an issue. it's a good thing all your game saves will be stored in the cloud just in case it crashes.

as far as swapping one out goes, well as soon as you open the case you void your warranty. Which is fine if the hard drive outlasted that, but if not, then you have to send it back to microsoft and who knows how long that'll take... i'll probably end up buying it from Best Buy and getting the extended warranty on it, just to play it safe.
o0I BK I0o
o0I BK I0o

Back to top Go down

Post  o0I BK I0o Fri May 24, 2013 4:23 am

here's a Q & A i found with more questions answered...

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/phil-harrison-xbox-one/all/
o0I BK I0o
o0I BK I0o

Back to top Go down

Post  o0I BK I0o Sat May 25, 2013 7:36 am

more news concerning used games...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-preowned-plan-revealed-6408850

not sure how i feel about this... considering i rarely purchase more than a game every other month or so, and usually buy new anyways, this really doesn't effect me... but on the other hand, i imagine this is probably the nail in the coffin for stores like Gamestop. it would be a bummer to see them go Sad
o0I BK I0o
o0I BK I0o

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir John Raptor Sat May 25, 2013 8:34 am

cant wait to see what happens to the market for these kind of games. if the "activation" fee is on top of the price of the used games. most people will just buy new if that is the cheaper route. and i think that is exactly what the companies (sony/microsoft) and the distributors want. however after a while what happens to all those games, once demand for them drops over time so will the value. and sony/microsoft wont be able to even sell their "re-certified" used games. there has to be an incentive for us as the consumer of gaming products to want to buy used games as well. other wise sony/microsoft will not be able to capitalize on all their products they have in stock. of course this is all my speculation. but i want to know what the outcome of this first time ever locking down products (other than Ferrari's)
Sir John Raptor
Sir John Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  o0I BK I0o Sat May 25, 2013 8:41 am

i'm also kind of wondering how things will work out as far as stores like Amazon go.... for instance, right now you can buy a brand new copy CoD: BO2 for $40... will there still be deals like that? if so, that will pretty much kill the used market.
o0I BK I0o
o0I BK I0o

Back to top Go down

Post  o0I BK I0o Sat May 25, 2013 8:48 am

o0I BK I0o
o0I BK I0o

Back to top Go down

Post  o0I BK I0o Sat May 25, 2013 12:57 pm

o0I BK I0o
o0I BK I0o