Drive Faster World Wide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Gen racing

5 posters

Go down

Next Gen racing Empty Next Gen racing

Post  AngelGeek Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:32 am

So, as the dust begins to settle, I'm wondering what's going to be happening with racing next year.

It looks like the options are:
FM5 on XBox One, with lots of fancy graphics, but no weather or night racing, and by the look of it a heavy online requirement. I'm not sure about the whole "race electronic versions of people o your frinds list"; I could end up with no chance of winning anything given some of the people on my FL at the moment :-)
GT6 on PS4, though I need to go dig up more info on the actual game-play (actually, there's not been much on the single-player game for FM5 yet either)
Spend the money on a new gaming PC with HDMI output & stick it next to the TV, and wait for Project Cars or something.

Whatever happens, I'll be having to buy a new wheel, as I don't have the thumb coordinatio to drive with a controller.

Thoughts? Things I've missed?

AngelGeek

Back to top Go down

Next Gen racing Empty Re: Next Gen racing

Post  Lightning071 Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:57 am

I think the reason behind the heavy emphasis on online/multiplayer is that single-player is using the drivatars from other people instead of having AI drivers come with the game in the first place. (less coding required maybe?)

Sony lost any confidence that I had after the PS2.

I'm on the fence about the Xbox One.  Still waiting to see the rest of the features of FM5 before I do anything about that.  If they neuter the Dart I will be VERY pissed off.....nah, not really.

if anything, I'm going to go the iRacing route in the late-Summer/early-Fall.
Lightning071
Lightning071

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir John Raptor Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:14 pm

i was looking around E3  and found the crew. i'm thinking it wont be simulation but still looks fun and better than NFS OR Forza Horizon. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4JnshyKOOQ
Sir John Raptor
Sir John Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Pyroviking Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:08 pm

Not making any decisions yet, but so far, XONE has been anything but inspiring. As far as FM5 is concerned, I'm currently going to pass unless the track and car lists are amazing.

Thank goodness GTA5 is going to be X360. Hopefully that and GT5 (which I've grossly neglected due to FM4) will be enough to carry me over until major Forza updates or GT6 announcement. Otherwise, I may just go iRacing for my petrolhead fix.
Pyroviking
Pyroviking

Back to top Go down

Post  hookecho Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:36 am

For me its going to come down to, is my current racing hardware going to work with X1 and FM5, cuz I am not going to buy a new wheel/pedal/shifter setup to replace the $500+ of hardware I have already.....

hookecho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down